Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday To You...

Today, my favorite little boy in the whole wide world is 3. Every year on his birthday I can't help but reflect on the events surrounding his birth and homecoming. He is such a gift from God.

During my pregnancy, I prayed over him everyday. I didn't pray for his success or future occupation. I prayed that he would love Jesus; have a personal relationship with HIM; serve HIM; be good and kind and bring joy to others. God was gracious in answering our prayers...we continue to pray daily for Ethan's salvation, as we understand that it will be his decision to make.

Today, Ethan is a sweet, compassionate, HILARIOUS, kind-hearted little boy who loves Jesus, loves to sing about HIM and loves hearing stories about David and Goliath, Jonah and Daniel.

Ethan is also passionate about learning new things and Lightning McQueen. I've so enjoyed seeing his personality develop!

On a lighter note, we are in preparations for the big celebration tomorrow! It of course is "Lightning McQueen" themed ;) per Ethan's request. I can't wait to celebrate our little Mr.

1 comment:

Nicole Young | Urban Wings Art said...

Ok, I am totally behind...cuz I thought he was already 3!!! DUH!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE ETHAN!!!!!!!
And btw, what a cute pic of the two of you!!! He was SOOOO tiny!!!!! BIG HUGS and have fun with your Lightning McQueen birthday!!!