Monday, February 15, 2010

Progress...





Today was swimming lessons...Part 2. I have to admit, the pessimist in me didn't have high expectations. But, Ethan surprised me. On the way there he informed me that he wouldn't, "shake his head no, or tell his teacher no." Hey, that's more than I get! Upon arrival, he changed his clothing without a fuss. In fact he was rather pleasant! That's two for two. Then he proceeded to do the 'happy dance' in anticipation for his lesson to begin. Is this MY CHILD?! I actually stopped and checked to be sure I hadn't grabbed up some other little boy by mistake.


Ethan, mid-happy dance...


Once lessons began, my son (possessed by some sweet spirit today), left my side and joined his classmates in the pool. And that was that. I even got to watch pool side like the other moms! This must be what normalcy feels like. I did, however, have to document this monumental occasion with lots of pictures and videos. It kind of made me stick out like a sore thumb, but, it had to be done...otherwise no one would have believed my story.


There was one little glitch...a minor one in my book. After class, the teacher pulled me aside to tell me that Ethan wouldn't float on his back. He told her, "ummmm...that's too dangerous for me." So, I suppose we will be practicing in the shallow end of the bathtub in preparation for next week.


2 comments:

haverlee said...

Okay, I'm sorry, but before I read the caption under the happy dance picture, I totally thought he was picking his wedgie!! ha ha. :)

Nikki said...

I know! My sister asked if he was scracthing his bum! He's actually spanking his bum...I have no idea where he learned that!