Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I told you so...

Day 6 Part Two...

We spent what was left of our Summer hanging out together as well as with our circle of friends. Of course, we endured a LOT of "I told you so's" once the word got out that we were an official 'item'. But, that was okay. Summer drew to a close far more quickly than either of us anticipated and we packed up our cars in preparation of heading back to school.

I had to head back a bit early since the campus ministry I was a part of had it's big back to school kick-off to welcome the incoming freshman. Brent was sweet enough to come see me off. We had grown much closer toward the end of summer and neither of us were looking forward to being apart for the semester. We said our good-byes and promised to e-mail and call often. And then I drove off...

I didn't know what to expect. Would we last? Would distance make our hearts grow fonder? Would we grow apart? This was the crucial part of developing our relationship; developing our relationship with the Lord while we were apart, pursuing one another, and letting God take control while waiting on HIM and HIS timing...

To be continued...

No comments: