Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Made Imaginary Ice Cream And They Loved It...

Today my little bird flew out of the proverbial nest and into half-day preschool (four days a week *gulp*). I was a wreck...he was thrilled. We snapped pictures all along the way. This is what the camera captured:




(Please forgive my puffy eyes/face...not only was it a bad angle, but I had shed a few tears.)






(Seriously, A Locker?! I will add that he has already climbed in and tried to close the door...Twice.)

After looking at all these pictures...this was all I could see:


After the longest 3.5 hours of my life, we picked him up and were greeted with a huge smile! He loved it! We walked out of the room as he was saying bye to all of his new friends. One little boy even shouted, "Mommy, that's my new friend Ethan! Bye Ethan!" Unfortunately, E-man's not so good with names and shouted back, "Bye boy!" Then he whispered to me, "Mommy, I made imaginary ice cream for all my friends...and they loved it!" Preschool was a success. After all of that learning, friendship building, and imaginary play, this is how the little Mr. is spending the remainder of his afternoon:





1 comment:

haverlee said...

Oh my word...that's a big jump into the world for your little mr.! makes me thankful for Bennett's two 2hr15min days!
And his "Bye, boy" comment made me laugh out loud. Hilarious.