Friday, February 11, 2011

What Day Is It...

I've been a bit dazed and confused.  Yesterday, I thought it was Wednesday all. day. long.  As a matter of fact I ever-so-cheerfully wished everyone a 'Happy Wednesday!' on my 'Embrace The Camera' post and neglected to do a 'Thrifted-Threads-Thursday' post.  Oops, I'll catch ya on the flip side.

I think my fogginess lies somewhere between the fact that it has been cold and dreary and I've been stuck inside potty training the little miss.  How's that going you ask?  Well, really good.  She clearly let's us know she has to go by screaming, "Ouchie, Ouchie, Ouchie!" as she runs to the potty.  Right now our vocabulary and intellectual discussions revolve around pee and poo.  Aren't you glad you're not hanging out at the Jackson casa right now? 

I think this post is starting to sound more like 'Debbie Downer's Lament,' so why don't I leave you with a yummy recipe? 

B, is hands down the best baker in our house.  I hate to admit it, but it's true.  So, here is the recipe for his famous Peanut Butter/Dark Chocolate cookies.  What I love about these cookies is that they are a bit better for you as there is no butter, it calls for whole wheat flour and the main sweetener is honey instead of processed white sugar.  Now, I've heard that our bodies react to honey the same way, in that our blood sugar spikes when it is digested, so maybe some of you know of a better alternative (do share!).  Know that since these are an 'alternative' cookie, they're not going to spread out like a cookie made with butter, but we really love these!  

Anyway, if you make these, let me know what you think in the comment section!

B's Peanut Butter/Dark Chocolate Cookies
Dry Ingredients:
3/4 C Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 C Quick Oats
1/4 C Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 C Dark Chocolate Chips

Wet Ingredients:
1 C Peanut Butter
1/2 C Honey
1 Egg
2 tsp Vanilla

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.  Then combine wet ingredients in another large bowl.  Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.  Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
For each cookie roll about one tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on the pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes (or a little less if your oven runs hot).  Midway through the baking process, slightly flatten out each cookie with a spatula.

Remove cookies to a cooling rack and let sit for about 5 minutes.

Enjoy!

Happy Friday! 
(It is Friday isn't it?)

No comments: