Monday, March 21, 2011

Little Miss Adventures...

I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.  The little miss was in rare form, and all I can say is she's been...adventurous.  For the past few weeks, we've been faced with the challenge of her climbing out of the crib and potty training.  I suppose she has both mastered...which leads to our challenging weekend.

I'll tackle the first subject:  Crib Adventures...
For the past couple of weeks, we've gone to get the little miss up in the morning, only to find her precariously perched on the crib railing...just sitting there waiting.  It freaked us out enough, that B decided he would teach her how to climb out of her crib so there would be no more, 'bird on a wire' moments.  Great for deterring roosting, not so great for deterring scaling.  So, we were up at all hours of the night because the little miss decided it was time to wake up...at 2am.  She came running into the hallway exclaiming, "Pee-Pee" so I took her to the bathroom and then ushered her back to bed.  A couple of minutes later she stood in our doorway, "lululuyah?"  she wanted me to sing her favorite lullaby...so, I rocked her and sang, then took her back to bed.  Two minutes later she was standing in our doorway again, "nak peese!"  I told her no snack it was bedtime...then again took her back to bed.  Finally, she came yet again, "Hiiiiiiiiiiii!"  So, I brought her in bed with us where she chatted, rolled, stood and flipped until she finally gave up and fell asleep between us.

She woke bright and early Saturday morning, but was thankfully in a fairly good mood despite the late night partying.  I, on the other hand, was a mess, but decided to make the best of the day.  Which, leads us to our second adventure...

Potty Training...
In all honesty, the miss has got it down.  She was so easy to train, and has been doing great (although she is not able to stay dry at night...but, she's not even two yet, so that will come).  Anyway, she's done really great overall.  But, something went awry Saturday afternoon.  She suddenly stopped playing and exclaimed, "Ouchie" which is code for, "I have to pee now!" and took off for the bathroom.  I got her situated and briefly left the bathroom to get something...which was the wrong thing to do.

All of a sudden I heard her exclaim, "Uh-oh!"  Upon entering the bathroom, I was shocked at what she accomplished in the short time I was away.  The little miss had managed to finger paint with poo all over herself, the bathroom floor and toilet and was beginning to make little poo footprints.  Friends, I was so grossed out, that taking a picture of the crime scene was not even an option (I'm sure you are all breathing a collective sigh of relief).  I picked up the little miss (trying to touch as little of her as possible) and placed her in the tub, then turned on the faucet.  I began mopping and disinfecting every surface while the little miss played in the tub and supplied commentary of her artistic endeavors, "Veva ucky." "Poo-poo toes." "Uh-oh poo-poo."  "Yay!  Poo-poo floor." At which point she stood in the tub and pointed to a spot I had missed...thanks, doll.  You're a gem.

I got her cleaned up (nearly loosing my lunch in the process), explaining that playing with poo was dirty and yucky.  I can't believe I had to tell my daughter not to play with her poo.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend is a bit foggy...I think she finally wore herself out, as she's been sleeping much better, and all bathroom ventures have been stricly supervised.  I think my brain is a bit traumatized....

So, how was your weekend?  I hope it was adventurous...though not Jackson style.

4 comments:

Iowa Sunshine said...

wow, what adventures, especially as parents! what a poo story :) we haven't tackled potty training yet. we traveled all weekend -- glad to be home!

Jami said...

ok, I'm laughing out loud! The poo story, I've had several of those and I always pause for a split second to think about taking a picture. My 3rd is almost 3 and I have already lost the battle with potty training, lol. Check out my post "Just Some of the Things I've Had to Say Out Loud.." It might make you feel better!

danielle @ take heart said...

i have not even attempted to potty train brody yet! i better get on that.

Unknown said...

ok so these 2 things are both on our things to tackle with Emerson list! I am so nervous...

But this made me laugh out loud...
always an adventure! :)