Friday, April 29, 2011

Surviving Week 1 And A Recipe...

So, the kids and I made it through our first week of B back to work.  I feel like such a baby writing this, but this week was really hard!  It was so nice being able to team-up with B on getting the kiddos ready and fed then out the door for preschool drop-off or errands etc.  And, there was something about the presence of dad that kept the kiddos in line.  When he was home, a brother/sister brawl was rare, and overall the household was pretty peaceful.  As for me, I simply loved having him around for lunch or just hanging out while the kiddos were napping.

Well, I hate to admit it, but after B went to work, something strange settled over our household.  The kiddos have been fighting over toys, shows, food, drinks, pillows, shoes, who-touched-who, and have just been a bit surly.  The little miss is having a particularly difficult time with B being gone during the day.  She asks for him, and has had a few sad moments when I've told her he was at work.  We all miss dad.

Even Stella has been a bit naughty and is back to her old antics of stealing the kids lunches...she wouldn't have dared with B around.

Thankfully, the week wasn't a complete bust...getting out of the house as much as possible seemed to do the trick.  We had so much fun together, and the kiddos had me cracking up as usual:

I'm sure that with any change, it just takes getting over that initial hump before getting back into a routine.  This week was tough, but, I won't take for granted how much time I get to have with my kiddos.  It is such a blessing to be home with them, and I'm so grateful to B for being such a hard worker so I can be on the home front.

To be frank, B has been wiped out too.  We both crashed on the couch the other night downloaded an episode of '24' (we're just now watching them...we're lame) and made Chocolate-Peanut butter Fondue.  It is nothing fancy, but oh-ma-goo-ness is it good!  We just sort of dump and go and don't measure anything, but you really can't mess it up.  These measurements are sort of a guess, but I think it's pretty close.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue

1/2 C Chocolate Chips (we use Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet chocolate)
2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter (used Skippy natural)

Directions:
place ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave on high at about 20 second intervals, stirring until ingredients are smooth (I did this a couple of times).
Use dippers such as pretzels, bananas, a spoon or a finger (clean preferably).
Enjoy!

Have a great weekend friends!

No comments: