Friday, October 9, 2009

My Heart Swells Every Time...

Remember when I told you about my 'Toe up, six feet under' camera? Well, because she's on the fritz, I was so bummed that she let me down when I really needed her. How do you like me prescribing my camera human traits?
Anyway...I was unable to digitally capture my children's hallmark moment, so I'll just have to recount it for you...in full detail...cause' that's my style.
From my post in the kitchen, I could hear raucous laughter in the living room. This is the scene I walked in on...Eva was in her play center and Ethan was sitting in front of her. Ethan would dangle his bare foot in front of Eva, and just as she would reach for it, pull it back quickly, enlisting them both in peels of laughter. I stood in the doorway for several minutes watching them repeat their little game, thanking God their three-year age gap had been bridged...even if it was over a game utilizing stinky, bare feet as the playing piece. My friends', it's the simple things in life.

1 comment:

Heather said...

my girls do silly stuff like that too and it just cracks me up. emma always seems to find something so simple and mindless that brings out the belly laughs in ashlyn. i do love that!