Monday, May 10, 2010

Recovery, Licked Stairs, and a Wedding...

Did April happen? I know it's one of the 12 months, but did I actually experience it? April was a whirlwind of travel, and two surgeries for the kiddos. May arrived and we headed down to KC for the wedding of Brent's brother.

If you remember from my last post, I have been pleading with The Lord for Ethan to recover in time for the wedding and accept my m&m bribery to walk down the aisle with his little sister.

The big day arrived and Ethan woke up feeling great...God said, 'YES'...just one more 'YES' to go. Brent's Aunt Bonnie promised Ethan a dollar for a good performance, and I chose to hold my breath. The music started and the doors swung wide to reveal the fruits of my womb dressed, smiling and taking those golden steps down the aisle. The Heavens parted and a glowing light filtered down while a choir of angels sang the 'Hallelujah' Chorus. Okay, not really, but I really did hold my breath until they made their way. The little miss smiled all the way and upped the ante anytime she heard the crowds glowing remarks. She likes praise and will gladly perform for it. Ethan looked with trepidation from side to side, but all I cared was that he put one foot in front of the other and that he didn't get spooked and take off in the opposite direction. Aunt Sarah (you know, the woman in Ethan's life) walked them down...basically, they'll do anything for her.
They made it down the aisle and I began breathing and praising Jesus. Thanks for saying, 'YES' again Lord. They were perfectly quiet and content during the wedding and then it was picture time. Usually 'picture time' is a bad word in our house, but they did great. Despite not having naps, the kids were pleasant, friendly and had a great time. Everything went off without a hitch. Ethan even helped wrangle Eva for some pics:





But, you all know my children too well. You know that I'm holding out...Jackson stories are never that perfect. There has to be some little nugget I've missed. Some little tidbit. Well, you would be correct, my friend.




And it doesn't involve the Little Mr. Nope, He can wipe the sweat from his brow, cause he's off the hook.




Oh, my sweet Little Miss. Well, of course she was captured on film quite a lot. It's just the way it goes when you have a little girl in a fancy dress. And she was always camera ready and happy to oblige for every photo. Unfortunately, there was one little time she wasn't quite camera ready. I was chatting with an old friend and watching Eva as she entertained herself by climbing up and down a couple of stairs. A family member approached and asked if she could take a picture of Eva...of course I said yes (I mean, come on...) Then she made a face and said, "Ummm...I would rather not take a picture of your daughter licking the stairs." I turned around and saw my sweet, fancy girl giving the stair the once over with her tongue. Not once. Not twice. But three times before I actually got to her and pulled her away from her obsession. Not exactly her finest moment. But, at least she looked her best while doing it. Oh, well. We almost made it through the day without an incident.

Overall, it was a really great day with family celebrating a union before the Lord.

Congratulations Aaron...you will always be my brother from another mother...and, welcome to the family Emily.


The Jackson's

yep...I donned the chuck taylors...my dogs were barkin'.















No comments: