Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm Gonna Hug You And Kiss You And Love You Forever...



Remember this little lady? If you were a kid in the early 90's then you probably sat square in front of the tube after school and gave Tiny Toons your undivided attention for a good hour. Or Anamaniacs...or Pinky and the Brain. Ahhhhh...good times as a latch-key kid.

Anyway, this little miss reminds me a lot of my own little miss. Elmyra was known for her animal loving ways. She loved animals to...death. Her infamous line was, "I'm gonna hug you and kiss you and love you forever." Then, she would proceed to squeeze the poor little critter as it squirmed, struggled and ran from her grasp of death.
Our Elmyra-esque little miss had discovered a love for little critters as well. She beats on windows with her palms shouting out her hellos to the birds, bunnies and chipmunks in our yard...and poor Stella. Stella is hugged, tugged, kissed, patted and sat on daily. The sweet pooches I sit for are not off the hook either. The little miss has a lot of love to give. Here's our little PETA poster child in action:


Contemplating her move...timing is everything.

The side hug...gets em' every time.

Then she seals the deal with the ole' squeeze around the neck.


I'm gonna hug you and kiss you and love you forever...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh....absolutely adorable ! !

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

A. Of course - adorable!

B. I miss Animaniacs. I loved that silly show.

Nikki said...

Mar...I miss them too! I have Animaniacs to thank for learning the countries of the world! The show was quite educational...Helloooooo Nurse!