Monday, January 17, 2011

El Cheapo...


You probably already figured out that my middle name is El Cheapo...Nikole El Cheapo Jackson. Has a nice ring to it doesn't it? (okay, it's not really El Cheapo...it's Marie).

I love a good bargain, I love thrift stores, I love discount racks, and I love coupons. But you already knew that. These things make me happy. But, is there a chance that being cheap means you scrimp on quality? Not cool.

Well, a couple of weekends ago, I was looking online to blow a little Christmas money, and I found this adorable necklace:






(photo courtesy: F21)



At the time it was only $1.50!!! (it's $2.80 now). Now, being that inexpensive, I kind of pictured it coming out of a little plastic egg of a vending machine...but, it was so cute and at a buck fiddy, even I, El Cheapo, could afford this sort of mistake. So, I clicked on it and added it to my order. Then, a few days later, I saw it on this girl's site. Now, if she's highlighting it, then it's got to be good. So, I started to feel a bit better about my purchase.

Six days trudged slowly by, when finally, my highly anticipated package arrived on my front porch. I ripped open the envelope and flung clothing and tissue paper to find the little feather:

I was pleasantly surprised!  It's of great quality and much cuter than the picture online!  I love this necklace!  I've worn it several times and have gotten lots of compliments.  I love how it goes with everything and looks so delicate.  I imagine this little guy is going to be seeing the light of day quite often.
El Cheapo is one happy girl! 

Have you scored an amazing find on the cheap?  Do Share!

1 comment:

Jennifer Handsaker said...

Brooke Bouma had the same necklace on this morning. She must have the same middle name as you! ;)