Friday, January 14, 2011

What's In My Bag...

 One of my favorite mags of all time is Lucky Magazine.  I first discovered it when I was pregnant with the little Mr. and was looking for some light reading to pack in my hospital bag. 
Ever since, I've been a faithful subscriber.

My favorite part of the magazine is when they show you all the products, accessories and
clothing they used for the celebrity cover photo shoot.  It's given me a lot of insight into
picking the products I use myself.

So, wanna see what's in my make-up bag?  Personally, I don't use a ton of make-up.  
I would call my style 'au-naturale' since I have a, "less is more" approach.  But,
I certainly have a few products I can't live without: 



1.  Aveeno tinted moisturizer (light/fair) SPF 30--I've never been a foundation or powder girl, but I love
 the way this moisturizer is light, yet still evens out my skin tone with a hint of color...

2.  Covergirl Bronzer (can't remember the exact color)--for the days I want to look like I'm from Florida instead of Des Moines...

3.  Almay Triple Effect Mascara (black/brown)--the only product I can't live without...
it lengthens, thickens and curls my lashes...
I almost don't need an eyelash curler...

4.  Eyelash curler--I said almost don't need it...but I still love the way
it instantly opens my eyes and makes my lashes appear longer...

5.  Eyebrow shaper--cause my brows have a mind of their own...

6.  Almay concealer (light/fair)--because I inherited dark circles under my eyes (boo)...

7.  Burt's Bees Lip Gloss (Zesty Red)--the hippy in me loves the all natural/no animal testing aspect,
the girly-girl in me loves that it's sheer red tint adds just a hint of color. 
Plus, it's not sticky!

8.  Almay Smart blush (Natural)--I love.  love.  love.  This blush! 
It's a buildable color that compliments your skin tone.
You can apply a bit for a hint of color,
or apply more for a dramatic effect...

So, that's a little peek in my bag!  Next, I'll show you a few
 tricks up my sleeve for hair and other products I can't live without!!!

Happy Friday!

No comments: