So, I guess it's time to let you see what's in my bag. The last time we took a look in my bag, I shared with you a few of my favorite make-up products, but, today I want to share with you some of my favorite hair products.
I have really long hair, but it's super-fine. I love having long hair, because it gives me lots of options from wearing it up, to down and straight, or down and wavy. The problem? Long, fine hair = long, limp hair without the right products. So, I had to get to the root (sorry!) of the problem.
Thankfully, my hairstylist/friend/keeper-of-my-deepest-secrets, Mollie, turned me on to some really awesome products! Here are a few of my favorites:
1. Garnier Fructis Shampoo (wavy hair)--I don't believe this is 'Mollie Approved', but I really love this shampoo and conditioner. It leaves my hair moisturized and whether the claim is true or not, it seems to prep my hair if I choose to wear it wavy.
2. Tresemme Dry Shampoo--I don't wash my hair every day (*gasp*), but, I spray this at the roots and fluff my hair a bit, and you'd never know I skipped a day. I love the citrus scent too! In a pinch I've used a little baby powder and that works just as well (just make sure you rub it in really well, so it doesn't look like you are graying at the roots!).
3. Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus--I don't know what I did before Mollie suggested I use this! This gives me so much volume starting at my roots. While hair is damp, you lift sections and spray just a bit at the root. Fluff, then dry with a blow dryer working in sections. I love this stuff.
4. Redken Spray Starch--A little bit goes a long way. I really love to spray a bit of this on the ends of my hair (once it's dry), and then run my flat iron over my hair for a sleek look. If I want to wear my hair wavy, I group my hair in sections (while damp), spray a bit on each section, then twist each section while drying with a blow dryer. When I'm finished I have nice soft waves.
5. Osis Dust It--This is hands down my favorite product ever. It's a powder that you sprinkle in your hair at the roots for a little added volume. You can also use it to absorb oil if you are skipping a wash. If you notice your hair losing volume by the end of the day, simply fluff a bit and you get volume again. This is also great to use to give your hair a bit of grip to prepare it for an 'up-do'.
6. Short Sexy Hair 'Slept-In' Cream--I use this product if I notice my waves are frizzy, I have static (a common problem for those of us with fine hair), or fly-aways. I rub a pea-size amount of cream in my hands, then run my fingers through the ends of my hair. It's not at all greasy, and usually does the trick.
Well, there you have it! Just a little peek at some of the products I use to give my locks some life!
What are your favorite products?