Monday, August 23, 2010

Apple...

Not talking about Gwyneth's...



and, sadly, not talking about this 'apple' either...




*sigh*...maybe one day...




The little miss is obsessed with the word 'APPLE'. She uses it as frequently as possible. It's really pretty funny. A conversation would go something like this:

"Eva, do you want to go bye-bye?" (head nodding excitedly) "Apple! Apple!"
OR
"Eva, we're going to go night-night." (again, head nodding and pointing to refrigerator) "Apple! Apple!"
OR
"Eva, let's change your diaper" (this time head shaking "NO" and tears forming) "APPLE! APPLE!"

Sometimes she's just saying it quietly to herself while playing with her baby doll. She really loves this word! 'Hi' is up there on her list too. She greets everything. The chair. The dog. A tree. You name it, it's greeted properly with an exuberant 'HI!' from the little miss. It's fun listening to her trying to figure out language and participate in conversation.

It reminds me of my days in French class. My French was really horrible, but I tried to fake my way through the language by using the words I knew best as frequently as possible. It worked, until I had to have a conversation with my French teacher. She looked at me confused through the duration of the conversation as I replied 'oui' to every question. She eventually stopped me and said in her quiet sweet voice, "Your French is atrocious."

While Eva's language is extremely repetitive with a few key words, I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. As I type, the little miss is crawling around on the couch next to me greeting me with 'hi' over and over (and yes, she expects me to respond each time). I love her. Well, gotta go...the kids are calling and I'm pretty sure play-doh just got mushed into Stella's fur.

2 comments:

haverlee said...

I think those are my favorite memories of Bennett, when he first started learning words. So fun!

Nikki said...

I know have! I love it!